Blogged by Ujihisa. Standard methods of programming and thoughts including Clojure, Vim, LLVM, Haskell, Ruby and Mathematics written by a Japanese programmer. github/ujihisa

Sunday, September 9, 2012

English Words Lookup/Completion on Gentoo

When I used Mac OS X, I used look command a lot.

$ look standa
standage
standard
standardbred
standardizable
standardization
standardize
standardized
standardizer
standardwise

A Vim plugin neco-look makes your Vim auto-complete English words, using look command internally.

I had been looking for how to use the look command on Gentoo Linux. I finally found that how to do that today.. just install the following packages.

  • sys-apps/util-linux
  • sys-apps/miscfiles

I used e-file command to find portage packages which depend on look command and its dependency /usr/share/dict/words. Install app-portage/pfl to use e-file.

3 comments:

Followers